Sunday, July 1, 2007

The City Government of Cagayan de Oro and The Cagayan de Oro City Officials ( Term: June 30, 2007 - June 30, 2010)


Politics:

We have a new City Officials. Yes! I am happy because majority of them are people whom I voted and trusted. I am also very happy because 3 First District City Councilors are from Patag, my barangay. I am expecting that they will do projects that will benefit the life of the people of Cagayan de Oro City especially in Patag.

Cagayan de Oro is a Booming City. Cagayan de Oro City is dubbed not only as the City of Golden Friendship, City of White Water Rafting, City of Eco-Adventure but also as
A City in Bloom, in Blossom, and in BOOM! Ex-Mayor Emano contributed much in the success of the city. It is now the duty of Mayor Jaraula to continue the booming of the city or find ways to help the city boom more.

I would like to suggest that the new city officials will look into the traffic system of Cagayan de Oro. I believe that are traffic system in Cagayan de Oro is not good. Our roads are narrow especially in the Divisoria Area. I know that the roads cannot be widened but the City Officials should plan a new traffic scheme/ route for vehicles especially public utility vehicles. The new bridges should be opened as soon as possible - Puntod/Kauswagan and Carmen/Divisoria Bridges. For sure, the new bridges will contribute on the improvement of the traffic system. There should be driving education to the Jeepney Drivers. Cagayan de Oro's Jeepney Drivers are not disciplined. They love to load and unload passengers anywhere. Also, they are in a competitive mood with their fellow drivers that they drive their jeepneys very fast. In addition, most drivers don't give the passengers a time to seat down. They automatically run their jeepneys thus, dangering the lives of passengers.

I have high hopes for our new City Officials. I hope that they will able to live the expectations given to them by the Kagay-anons.

Republic of the Philippines
City of Cagayan de Oro

CITY OFFICIALS
( June 30, 2007 - June 30, 2010)

First District Congressman Rolando Uy
Second District Congressman Rufus Rodriguez

Mayor Tinnex Jaraula
Vice-Mayor Vicente Emano

City Councilors

First District (In Alphabetical Order)

Abaday, Roger
Acenas, Ian
Bacal, Alden
Barba, Addie
Calizo, Mary Cor
Licayan, Simeon
Ocon, Zaldy
Pajo, Dante

Second District (In Alphabetical Order)

Abejuela, Emannuel
Advincula, Reynaldo
Dacer, Alexander
Elipe, President
Goking, Alfonso
Lao, Bong
Nacaya, Ian Mark
Tabor, Ramon












No comments: